How to Register
Registering for a course at Tufts as a visiting student only takes a few minutes.
- Search or browse courses with the links in header above
- Add courses to your cart. If a course has multiple sections, then choose the section that works for you.
- Check out.
- Choose the correct enrollment type, since this may affect the tuition rate. Many of our courses are available for undergraduate credit, graduate credit, and non-credit. All tuition rates are clearly listed, and you will be prompted to select your enrollment type before you can proceed through checkout.
- Create a student profile to proceed through checkout. You will create a username and password which will give you access to our Open Course Enrollment site.
- Fill out an application, if prompted to do so. You may need to fill out a brief application depending on the course or enrollment type you select. If an application is required, then you will be guided to it before completing your check out.
- Pay for the course. During the process, you will be directed to our secure payment processing system so you can pay for your course(s) with a credit card. After checking out, you will receive an email confirming your transaction and a receipt.
Note for returning students: We are excited to have you back! Visiting students who enrolled in a course last year should use their Open Course Enrollment username and password to enroll in courses. If you forget your Open Course Enrollment username, then click the “Forgot Username” link on the login screen and enter the personal email address you used to set up this account to have your username sent to you. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 627-0609 if you require further assistance.
After you enroll you receive emails from Tufts University to set you up with your official Tufts username and email account. This will give you access to all of the systems you need for your course, including Tufts email, the library databases, Canvas, and the Student Information Center. If you already have an official Tufts username (eg: jsmith01) from a previous enrollment, then it will be reactivated after you enroll.
- Validate your student credentials through email. A few days after enrolling in a course you will receive three emails from the Tufts' Student Information System:
- Email 1: Directions on how to proceed
- Email 2: Your Tufts Student ID Number
- Email 3: A link to Tufts Tools where you will enter your Tufts Student ID and create your Tufts Password
- Accessing Tufts' Student Information System (SIS) As a visiting Tufts student, SIS is where you can access your course schedule, request a transcript, and view final grades. This is also the platform you will access if you need to pay down a tuition balance after enrolling.
Technical Support: If you encounter issues setting up your official Tufts username and email account, please call the 24x7 IT Helpdesk at (617) 627-3376.